Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's a New Blog

Sometimes I wonder if I am still capable of writing. I have a dozen started posts, but nothing seems to fit. For the first time in my life, I am at a loss for words.

This last year has been incredible. I finally started pursuing the dreams that have been on the backburner since the day that I discovered that I was going to be someones mother. I've managed to get one kid to adulthood so far, but I don't feel any more qualified to parent now than I did then.

I'm a birth nerd. I pimp alternative medicine because I don't believe that the pharmaceutical industry has my best interests at heart. I believe in consumer education, because too many people out there don't realize that they do in fact have choices. I realize that not everyone shares my viewpoints and opinions, which is fine because I don't have to work with everyone...just those who share my views.

Throughout the last year, I started with doTERRA, pimping essential oils. It's connected me with a community of like minded people and has given me a forum to spread the word about alternative medicine in all of its forms. By using the oils I have been able to go off of ALL of my prescription meds and I no longer take massive amounts of OTC meds for my arthritis.

I've also realized that I am no longer the person who started this blog. I've traded in my cynicism for optimism, and I am no longer the angry girl who first landed here.

I am happy.

2 comments:

  1. Happy is good, optimism will never replace cynicism neverrrrrr. :)

    ReplyDelete